Favorite Movie Characters » Kathryn Merteuil (Sarah Michelle Gellar)
“Eat me, Sebastian! It’s okay for guys like you and Court to fuck everyone. But when I do it, I get dumped for innocent little twits like Cecile. God forbid, I exude confidence and enjoy sex. Do you think I relish the fact that I have to act like Mary Sunshine 24/7 so I can be considered a lady? I’m the Marcia fucking Brady of the Upper East Side, and sometimes I want to kill myself.”
“Even though we’ve got a fight ahead of us, we’ve got one thing that Voldemort doesn’t have. Something worth fighting for.”
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 2007
The First Amendment does not protect you from:
- Criticism: If you’re a comedian who makes a bad rape joke, people are allowed to point out that you’re not funny as well as an asshole.
- Shame: If you tweet something racist about President Obama on your public Twitter account that’s connected to your first and last name, people are allowed to say that is bad.
- The Right to Anonymity: If you take creepy photos of women without their consent and post them on Reddit, people are allowed to try and figure out who you are and post your information on the internet. No one is entitled to anonymity. It’s up to you whether to make it easy for people to find you.
- Mockery: If you put yourself out there that means your peers (and news outlets) have the right to LOL and comment.
- Consequences: If you publicly express yourself in a manner that is offensive, hurtful, or just plain dumb, strangers might contact your friends/family/school/employer and tell them what you did. That is not infringing on your right to free speech; it’s pointing out how you choose to exercise that right. Like the rest of the federal constitution, the First Amendment protects us from the government, not from private companies, which may be able to fire or otherwise punish you for stuff you say, even if it’s outside of work. The laws protecting the free speech of private employees vary from state to state, aside from specifically protected speech like labor organizing. Here are some guidelines for public employees and students.
community easter eggs: #17 Lady Miss Lady
During #AnniesMove in “Studies In Modern Movement” (S03E07), we see that she still owns her Lady Miss Lady kit, the one Shirley tricked her to buy, as shown in “Paradigms Of Human Memory” (S02E21).
Michaelangelo, Raphael, Donatello y Leonardo
“Shame on you people. It’s not our job to make Abed grow up. Abed doesn’t need reality. Abed is a magical elf-like man who makes us all more magical by being near us. (…) All we had was dumb reality before we met that man and he made all our lives better than reality.”
requested by lacierva